Position: Assistant Professor
Degree: Doctor (Engineering)
Laboratory: Nuclear Social Engineering
to Laboratory Homepage
Acceptance of nuclear engineering within society
The nuclear power plant has an important role in Japan due to the lack of natural resources. For the safe and sustainable use of the nuclear power plants, various issues, such as the disposal of radioactive waste, must be resolved. The question is what constitutes an acceptable use of nuclear power, which is a question I am currently addressing alongside my laboratory colleagues.
Safety-enhanced fast reactor
The inherent safety of the nuclear power plant is crucial to preventing accidents. Therefore, we are currently exploring a safety-enhanced fast reactor that could prevent core damage using only inherent reactivity feedback under the unprotected loss of flow and unprotected transient overpower . We are specifically engaged in the development of an analysis code based on the three-dimensional transport theory for the accurate evaluation of the safety-enhanced fast reactor.
Light water reactor for reducing environmental load
One of the major concerns with the nuclear fuel cycle is the radiotoxicity of transuranic waste. To reduce this radiotoxicity, transmuting the radioactive nuclides to lower radiotoxic ones is a realistic and effective solution. However, large-scale transmutation based on the innovative transmutation systems will prove to be difficult to implement in Japan due to the high cost and the issue of social acceptance. Therefore, our work is largely focused on the suppression of transuranic waste in conventional light water reactors.
- Satoshi Takeda, Takanori Kitada, “Feasibility study on burnable absorber for FORSETI to reduce productions of Pu238 and Pu241,” Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, vol. 57, 1, pages 55-57, 2020.
- Toshikazu Takeda, Koji Fujimura, Kazuhiro Fujimura, Satoshi Takeda, “Effect of void propagation to sodium void reactivity in transient analyses of fast reactors with sodium-plenum,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, vol. 119, pages 175-179, 2018.
- Satoshi Takeda, Takanori Kitada, Pin-by-pin minor actinides transmutation analysis for heterogeneous minor actinides target loaded core by reconstruction of neutron spectrum, Int. J. Nuclear Energy Science and Technology, vol. 11, 4, pages 329-344, 2017.
- Satoshi Takeda, Satoshi Ino, Kazuhiro Wada, Michitaka Ono, Takanori Kitada, Study on the impact of thermal agitation on Doppler Coefficient in epithermal range for Gd-bearing fuel, Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations, article ID: 5834614, 2016.
- Satoshi Takeda, Michitaka Ono, Kazuhiro, Kazuhiro Wada, Takanori Kitada, Study on the Doppler reactivity considering thermal agitation in epithermal range for various types of nuclear fuels, Annals of Nuclear Energy, vol. 96, pages 264-269, 2016.