The Division of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering offers the program, “International Program of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering”, which is conducted in English.
1. Program Summary
The aim of the program, “International Program of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering”, is to educate international students to become scientists/engineers of the new generation with basic knowledge and cutting-edge research skills related to sustainability of the global/local environment and energy and resource systems.
2. Important Program Features
- Students will acquire and establish a fundamental basis for sustainable energy and environmental engineering through coursework (check the program website) given by educational staffs belonging to Division of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering and eminent guest lecturers. Simultaneously students can develop the ability to carry out creative scientific research in the field through performing his/her own research projects (Special Research).
- At the beginning of the initial semester, students will choose their research supervisor for Special Research, with the guidance of the faculty members and the advisory board of the course, and will soon begin actual experimental or theoretical works. The supervisor will be assigned from the professors/associate professors in the Division of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering.
- The supervisors for Special Research can support students by tailoring the coursework to best prepare each student for their chosen field of research.
- Doctoral courses can be taken only in English after completing the master degree of the International Program of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering and passing the entrance examination.
3. Requirements for the Completion of the Course and Obtaining the Degree
Completion of lectures and seminars corresponding to no less than 30 academic credits, completion of Special Research, submission and defence of the master’s thesis, and passing the final examination of the course.
Master of Engineering
4. Admission Quota
If you are interested in this program, please contact a prospective academic supervisor.
6. Other information
Please visit the website of the Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, for more information regarding application requirements and application procedure.