Degree: Doctor of Engineering
Laboratory: Nuclear Engineering Chemistry Laboratory
to Laboratory Homepage
The objective of my research is studying the chemical characteristics and specific behavior of actinides and fission product elements under the condition of various systems, such as aqueous solutions, hydrate melts, molten salt, and liquid metal, as well as in environmental systems. For these studies, analytical methods involving spectroscopy, chromatography, mass spectrometry, and radiochemical techniques are adopted.
Research is being conducted on the following scientific subjects with respect to rare metals, rare earths, and actinides.
- Coordination properties of the elements in electrolyte solutions.
- Separation characteristics of the elements between two phases.
- Isotope chemistry of the elements within global environments.
- Toshiyuki FUJII, Yuji SHIBAHARA, Chizu KATO, and Akihiro UEHARA,Cation-Cation Interaction between NpVO2+ and Li+ in a Concentrated LiCl Solution,Prog. Nucl. Sci. Technol., 5, 41-43 (2018).
- Toshiyuki FUJII, Frédéric MOYNIER, Janne BLICHERT-TOFT, and Francis ALBARÈDE, Density functional theory estimation of isotope fractionation of Fe, Ni, Cu, and Zn among species relevant to geochemical and biological environments, Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 140, 553-576 (2014).
- Toshiyuki FUJII, and Francis ALBARÈDE, 109Ag-107Ag Fractionation in Fluids with Applications to Ore Deposits, Archeometry, and Geochemistry,Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 234, 37-49(2018).
- Frédéric MOYNIER and Toshiyuki FUJII, Calcium Isotope Fractionation between Aqueous Compounds Relevant to Low-temperature Geochemistry, Biology and Medicine,Sci. Rep., 7, 44255 (2017).
- Shoji NAKAMURA, Yuji SHIBAHARA, Atsushi KIMURA, Osamu IWAMOTO, Akihiro
- UEHARA and Toshiyuki FUJII, Measurements of Thermal-Neutron Capturecross-Section of Cesium-135 by Applying Massspectrometry,J. Nucl. Sci. Technol., 57(4), 388-400(2020).