Position: Associate Professor
Degree: Doctor of Engineering
Field: Sustainable Energy System, Urban Energy System
to Laboratory Homepage
Yohei Yamaguchi is an associate professor at the Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, where he received his Ph.D. in 2006 from the Department of Environmental Engineering. He worked as a postdoc researcher in the Research Institute for Sustainability Science at the university from 2006 to 2008 before joining the present division as an assistant professor. He has been working as an associate professor since 2015. He co-chaired the Asia Building Simulation Conference in 2014.
The building sector significantly contributes to the national carbon emissions and has considerable potential for fostering the reduction and flexibility of energy demand and carbon emissions. Dr. Yamaguchi’s research interest involves the development of modeling methodologies to support these challenges for the building sector in relation to our energy systems. His research includes the stochastic modeling of people’s daily activities, the analysis of people’s activities and practices, the community-/urban-scale energy-demand modeling of commercial and residential buildings, and the analysis of the potential carbon reductions and electricity demand flexibility in terms of demand response.
- Kim, B., Yamaguchi, Y., Kimura, S., Ko, Y., Ikeda, K., Shimoda, Y., (2019). Urban building energy modeling considering the heterogeneity of HVAC system stock: A case study on Japanese office building stock. Energy and Buildings 199, 547–561. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2019.109590
- Yamaguchi, Y., Yilmaz, S., Prakash, N., Firth, S.K., Shimoda, Y. (2019). A cross analysis of existing methods for modelling household appliance use. Journal of Building Performance Simulation 12, 160–179. https://doi.org/10.1080/19401493.2018.1497087
- Yohei Yamaguchi. (2019). A practice-theory-based analysis of historical changes in household practices and energy demand: A case study from Japan. Technological Forecasting & Social Change 145, 207–218, 10.1016/j.techfore.2018.01.032
- Hayashi, Y., Fujimoto, Y., Ishii, H., Takenobu, Y., Kikusato, H., Yoshizawa, Amano, Y., Tanabe, S. Yamaguchi, Y., Shimoda, Y., Yoshinaga, J., Watanabe, M., Sasaki, S., Koike, T., Jacobsens, H., Tomsovic, K. (2018). Versatile Modeling Platform for Cooperative Energy Management Systems in Smart Cities. Proceedings of the IEEE, 106(4), 594–612. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2018.2809468
- Yamaguchi, Y., Miyachi, Y., & Shimoda, Y. (2017). Stock modelling of HVAC systems in Japanese commercial building sector using logistic regression. Energy and Buildings, 152, 458–471. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.07.007
- Yamaguchi, Y., & Shimoda, Y. (2017). A stochastic model to predict occupants’ activities at home for community-/urban-scale energy demand modelling. Journal of Building Performance Simulation 10, 565-581. http://doi.org/10.1080/19401493.2017.1336255